Saturday 24 May 2014

Heart wrenching adoartion Part-44

Khushi’s POV


My entire body was numb. Blackness enshrouded every corner of my mind, fogging it. I couldn’t remember anything or anyone...I couldn’t remember myself. It felt as if I was sucked in a deep abyss...a black hole of nothingness.


As the surrounding blackness pressed me and I savoured the oblivion, I hear a sound...a husky plea which was uplifting, enticing.


“Khushi, please come back to me, please!” The voice said, soft and melodic as that of an angel and I was jolted a bit from my stupor. I had heard that sound! Heck, it was my favourite sound in the world to think of it!


“Khushi, please you have got to make it. I miss you so much, please, please, please. I love you baby!”The voice pleaded again and I felt warm hands engulfing , my cold, numb finger and soft lips brushing my forehead.


I tried to move. My entire being warmed at his profession. I was thrilled, euphoric and wanted nothing more than to get up and hug my angel to get him rid off of his worries. But I couldn’t move. I didn’t even feel my body.


“Chote, please come home with me. You have been sitting here for past two days! You bneed to rest or else you’ll fall sick!” Another voice said and I felt a pang of indignation.


He was actually playing with his health to be with me! I was outraged.


“Di I won’t go, not until she wakes up.” My angel said stubbornly and I could hear the exhaustion in his voice.


“She’s not going to like this when she gets up Arnav! Khushi will get beyond mad with you!” Another voice said and I couldn’t agree more. 

I so wanted to get up and slap him for playing with his health but obviously my body wouldn’t cooperate.


“I won’t leave her side!” He said solemnly and turned I felt fingers tenderly brushing through my hair and I sighed. What was I going to do with this stubborn, child-like guy whom I adored with all my heart and soul?


I laid there, revelling in his soft touches as feeling got back in my arms and legs gradually. I could tell I was getting stronger!


With my strength returned the ghastly memories of my unfortunate kidnapping and pain. I vaguely remembered being overpowered in the girls’ washroom as Lavanya looked on evilly. 

That girl really gave the devil himself a run for his money in her deviousness. I had never thought that she would actually stoop that low.


I recalled being dressed in a burqa and made to sit on a wheelchair as my kidnapper warned me that if I so much as opened my mouth, he’ll get my entire family killed. He had shown me the video of assailants that prowled around my family as they sat huddled, waiting for the plane.


I remembered being made to inhale chloroform and sounds of gunshot when I had come round. Everything was fuzzy but I could tell that a big fight was going on judging by the gunshots and loud yells. 

I was so scared, wondering if I’ll ever be able to see my family, goof around with Payal di, Akash, Anvesh, Aman and most importantly will I ever be able to see Arnav! That possibility scared me and I cowered on the ground, shivering in fear when I felt something warm sear through my chest and immediately my body was on fire!


Last thing I remembered was being lifted from the cold floor and I felt as if I was floating in the air and that’s when I knew I died!


But now as I feel pain gradually escalate in my limbs, I’m pretty sure this is not death! How could it be so painful?


“Khushi?” The all-too-familiar voice called and I fought against my torpor to answer him. With superhuman effort of will, I finally opened my eyes to a bright-airy room.


“Oh!” I gasped as my retina adjusted to the sudden bright light.


“Khushi!” An ecstatic voice yelled and the very next second I saw the face of my handsome angel hover above me.


“Ar...Arnav!” I rasped, my voice sounding as if I had eaten sandpaper. His smile got impossibly wider and his weary eyes twinkled with happiness as he bent down to kiss  my forehead.


“Thank God you came round! I was so afraid!” He whispered with a tender look in his deep brown eyes and my breath hitched. He was perfect!


“Don’t worry! I won’t get off your tail so soon Arnav! I’ve to trouble you a lot!” I grinned feebly and he growled fiercely.


“You should better not!”


“Arnav what...Khushi!” A voice squealed and the very next second my di’s jubilant face hovered above me.


“Khushi, you came round! I’m just so, so ,so happy!” I smiled as my di practically smothered me with wild kisses.


“Wait till I get mom! She has been going crazy with worrying about you!” She gushed and rushed out immediately, leaving me once again with Arnav.


“ Arnav I...”


“Shhh khushi you need to rest! The entire family will be here any moment. We were so worried for you love!” He whispered and I wondered if he realized that he had addressed me as love? The word had come so naturally from him as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.


But I didn’t get much time to ponder on it as my family came in and I was literally passed from one hand to other as they hugged and kissed me. I had to literally join hell and heaven to persuade Garima Masi into believing that I was actually fine, but finally she relented.


Gradually, my family relaxed as they let of all their worries about me and I gazed around at all of them in sheer adoration. The tempest was past, it was time for a glorious dawn of love, life and joy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys,

    Smruti, thank you so very much for your lovely comments and here is an update in Khushi's pov as you asked me to. I hope I've written it up to your satisfaction.

    Nuts4arshi di, thank you so much for reading my humble attempt. I can't thank you enough for all the support and encouragement that you give me.

    I hope you'll like this part too!

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u soo much for khushi's POV dear. .. awesome update. . I had this huge smile on my face while I read the update, I hope khushi'll be discharged soon n yes.... love is in the air.. n here my dil goes hmmm hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. great update.loved it..

    ReplyDelete